Wednesday, December 2, 2020

December

Yes, it's December. The last month of the year. And considering all there was to think about, and how little there was to do outside our homes, this year has definitely been going quickly. 

My writing continues, more slowly than I'm used to but I'm making progress and looking forward to having three books published next year. I keep getting other ideas for potential future stories that revolve around the pandemic and inability to travel much and--well, all the things that this year has brought. But I'm not certain I want to focus on them as much as it will take to write about them. I think about them too much already.

 But thinking about and writing about and obeying dogs... now, that's a different story. In fact, I decided to take my dogs for another walk as I started writing this blog, so I had to finish it when I returned. 

One fun thing is that I'm working mostly on my book that takes place in Alaska at the moment. As I've mentioned, when I started on the idea I'd assumed I could take another cruise or otherwise go visit for research. Now, though, I'm looking up my old notes, which I would have anyway, but also visiting places somewhat virtually on the internet. And looking forward to sometime in the future when I actually can, and feel comfortable with, taking another Alaskan cruise. 

Hope you're all keeping safe and well and enjoying yourselves as much as you can under current conditions.

2 comments:

Dee W said...

A couple of us were talking, discovered quite by accident that we are of the same mind about the masks on tv. We are living this - why do we have to see it on television. I think I don't need to see them in the books I read. Maybe that's an idea you should look at? Just a thought.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I've seen quite a few tv shows in which characters are now wearing masks. It does feel a bit much, even if it's closer to reality these days. I bet many other readers would agree with you that staying out of that reality in the fiction we read might be preferable. Thanks for your comment!