Wednesday, October 20, 2021

I'm Back!

         

            I was delighted to have a guest blogger take my place last week, and Lois Winston certainly had a wonderful post!

            But here I am again. It’s always fun to blog on Killer Hobbies.

            So what have been the highlights since I was here last? Well, we celebrated our dog Cari’s fifth birthday. I posted it at a couple locations on Facebook, and she got around 500 likes and loves and comments! 

            Of course we still miss her sister Mystie. I still see Mystie here and there out of the corner of my eye. And we have started the process of finding another Cavalier King Charles Spaniel companion for Cari, although that may take a while. Cari’s demanding even more attention than before, and she’s always been an attention sponge. Of course we’re happy to oblige!

            But if you happen to know of any female Blenheim puppies...

            I’m busy writing away on my next Shelter of Secrets story for Harlequin Romantic Suspense. The first, HER UNDERCOVER REFUGE, was published in August, and the second, GUARDIAN K-9 ON CALL, will be out in April 2022. And more to come. 

            I also need to do edits on the manuscript of my next Colton book. I have one Colton book coming out in November, UNCOVERING COLTON’S FAMILY SECRET, and I’m also working on one to be published in November 2022. 

            And I’m looking forward to the publication of my first Alaska Untamed mystery next year from Crooked Lane, the first time I’ve taken a pseudonym.  So, Lark O. Jensen’s story BEAR WITNESS will be a May 2022 release. 

            Yes, I’m busy and want to stay that way!

4 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, it sounds like you are busy writing and editing as usual. Good luck on the dog search.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. I'm definitely willing to take time out from writing for Cavaliers!

Sally Morrison said...

I'm curious. I know lots of writers use pseudonyms. I don't know why? Is it because you generally write a certain genre and want to step out so the different name projects a different audience? It's interesting.

Meanwhile, good luck with your writing and your fur babies. It sounds like you are in a happy place. Look forward to reading more of your books.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Not always sure why other writers take pseudonyms, but in this case it's because this book will be with a new publisher for me and they requested it. Why not? It's still okay if I let readers know I'm both people. I'm just curious if I'll respond to my new name if someone calls me!
And yes, I'm in a happy place. Thanks!