Friday, January 28, 2022

Making Me Right

 


I have absolutely lost track of time. I had to think about when I sent in the edits for MAKING IT WRITE.  It feels like a long time ago, but I realize it was Monday.  I basically went through the whole manuscript in a little over a week, which was very intense.  I felt a sense of relief when I was done with it and started to tackle everything I'd put on hold like laundry.  I also started thinking about what I've lost during the pandemic. 

Before all the lock downs started, I used to go to a class at the gym a couple of times a week.  For years I went to a gym for classes and then nothing.  We bought one of those Cubii things which is nice.  I can read, play music on my phone or even crochet while pedaling my feet, but as I thought back to what I used to do, realized I need something more.

And then the obvious hit me.  YouTube.  I specifically thought about yoga.  I can't pop up off the floor the way I used to, so thought about chair yoga.  And just like that I found the perfect video to start with.  I was amazed how just one session made me feel better.  I do have to deal with my family walking in on me and wanting to know what I'm doing, but still it is great that it is so accessible.  And if I tire of doing that video, there are countless others.

It is amazing what we have access to now thanks to YouTube.  It's not the same as going to a class with other people, but it is a lot easier and there's no need to worry about what I'm wearing. 

I thought that I had managed so well through all the lock downs and mask wearing, but I do realize it's had an effect on me.  The last two years seem to have melted together.  It seems like my senses are dulled.  I do believe that adding more exercise will help.  In the past, I have noted that it always helps my mood.  Moving around seems to give me more energy, too.

Nobody seems to know what the future of the virus is going to be and after all the ups and downs with things opening and closing, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants something they feel they can have no matter what.  And thanks to YouTube, I can have a whole array of classes.  As long as I don't mind having my family give me weird looks.





6 comments:

Sally Morrison said...

It seems we have lost quite a bit during these last two years. And I completely agree. No one really knows where we are headed with this. Thank goodness for crochet and good books. I appreciate your hard work.

Betty Hechtman said...

Thank you, Sally. I have to say that getting back to exercise helps. I haven't been crocheting for a while and made a few of the scrunchys the other night. Mostly, because I use them all the time. It was very satisfying making them. It made me realize that I want to do more.

chkntza said...

I also discovered You Tube for exercise and that saved my life. I also love Zumba so I found Zumba.dance. There are a lot of great classes there.

Linda O. Johnston said...

It's great that you found exercise classes you like on YouTube, Betty. I've been continuing to meet up with some friends I met at Curves years ago twice a week in a park, where we're outside and stay far apart and do stretch exercises. Better than nothing!

Betty Hechtman said...

Chkntza, isn't it great about YouTube classes. I'll to work my way up to a Zumba class. I used to take them at my gym and do cycling and other stuff. The good thing about doing it with YouTube is that it won't matter if I'm out of step or what I'm wearing.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I went to curves for awhile. It's great that you have a group you meet up with. The one thing lacking with exercising with videos is the social part of it. It was always nice talking to people when I went to gym classes at the gym. But I am just grateful to have something that gets me to move.