Friday, November 4, 2022

November is Here

 It seems we went from  sweltering to shivering overnight.  A cold wind is blowing  today and we had rain the other night, which was very welcome here in  Southern  California.  Overnight the peanut butter cups shaped like pumpkin dropped to half price, just as the candy shaped like Christmas trees was being put on the shelf at Target.

I am working on the proof pages of KNOT A GAME  now as we go over the cover.  There's a bit of a time issue, but there always seems to be one.  SENTENCED TO DEATH, the fourth Writer for Hire mystery is on  NetGalley now for reviewers. Once I finish with the proof pages and write the copy to update my website, I'll be able to move on to something else.  In the midst of working on other things, I had a flash of an idea for the murder plot for the next Crochet book.  Luckily, I wrote it down, because it got lost in all the other things I was thinking about.  

It's funny how the pressure always seems like a lot, but I like it at the same time.  It propels me forward and gives a focus to my days.  I have a feeling of accomplishment.

 I always try to end the day by watching something funny.  I can sit in a room by myself and laugh outloud at a comedy.  I inherited the trait from my mother.  I had thought about trying to become a professional laugher and hire myself out to be in the audience of sitcoms.

I was watching reruns of Fraiser until the Hallmark Channel started the constant Christmas movies.  Someone on Facebook recommended Derry Girls on Netflix.  It's about a group of teenage girls and one boy in Ireland in the 90s.  It is hysterical, at least to me and it's been my comedy cocktail recently.  The language is a little crude, but the rest of it is pretty innocent.  

Halloween is over and just like that instead of pumpkin lattes, it's all mocha peppermint now.  The neighbor changed out the orange decorative lights to multi colored.  Next it'll be inflatable snowmen  instead of ghosts.

5 comments:

Sally Morrison said...

I went to JoAnn's Fabrics on Halloween wearing a sequined pumpkin shirt. There was nothing left of autumn decorations and the workers were busy putting out Christmas merchandise. I felt like I was dressed for the wrong holiday.

I have to admit, I'm ready though :)

Linda Osborn said...

This weekend I am doing a BIG craft show in Yorba Linda. As usual, l don't feel like I have as much as I should, but I have been working like crazy. My Raggedy Ann and Andy won't make it because their clothes did not get put together. I do have other dolls, gnomes, and tree decorations. I love the shows, but I am slowing down since walking is so difficult.
It's all part of the holiday spirit though, and I have to get busy year round--maybe I read too much !!!
Hope you make all your deadlines.

Betty Hechtman said...

Sally, your pumpkin skirt sounds like fun. It is crazy that it seemed like you were dressed for the wrong holiday when it was actually on the day it was for. I love all the Christmas stuff. I always think back to being a kid and how exciting it was to put up the tree. I loved the scent. And if there was snow on Christmas, it was even better.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I didn't know that you did craft shows. So cool that you make dolls. It is still one of my goals. Sorry that walking is hard. I am so sympathetic. I used to walk for miles and daydream, now I'm mostly thinking about when can I sit down and take a break.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Felt strange to have warm LA weather when I was in New York last week. And though I used to love sitcoms, I haven't really gotten into them for a while. Pumpkin is fun, but peppermint with chocolate sounds great to me! Mocha is fine too. And only a neighbor or two around my area decorate for Halloween or Christmas so I have to enjoy the holidays in other ways.