Friday, September 8, 2023

Blogged Out


 

 I am blogged out.  I have written three blogs today for the virtual tour.  I have one more to write and already have it mostly worked out.  Earlier in the week, I wrote answers to interview questions.  That's a lot of talking about me!

Meanwhile I had some good news.  There will be audio and big print editions to KILLER HOOKS.

Poor Casey got left in the middle of dinner at the Blue Door restaurant, while I went to work on other things.  Not that it stopped the story from going on in my head.  I can't wait to get back to it.

With all the shuffling of things to make a room for Jakey, my crochet stuff got moved around.  Even though the room would have looked chaotic to anyone else, I knew where everything was.  I seem to have a special ability to be able to locate things in a mess, but if I organize things and put things away, I can  no longer find them.  Having everything shifted around left me with a resistance to crocheting.  I no longer have a  place to settle and leave my work when I stop for the day.  It had become stressful to even think about crocheting. All I have been able to manage was the sample of the technique I used in KILLER HOOKS.

But then I began feeling like I wanted to crochet again, only I felt all scattered about what to work on and how to handle it..  I finally focused on how to proceed. I decided to work on a small project that came in a kit that included  everything needed to complete it.  It's for a little lion.  It's also research since Casey is going to be giving out kits in the Yarn Retreat book I'm working on.  I'm keeping it all together in a bag instead of leaving it next to my chair.  So far it seems to be working and not stressful.

I'll post a picture when it's done.

6 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- I read the excerpt from "Killer Hooks," saw the picture of the bright crochet project and know there will be a yummy recipe -- eagerly waiting for Sept. 26.

You said your crochet supplies look chaotic but you can find what you need -- that's the way it is with my daughter's office/storeroom of school supplies. It looks like a disaster area to me but she can find what she needs. She's been teaching for 40 years and has an incredible number of books, projects, etc.

I got up to a mess with some of my patio potted plants -- something, I'm assuming a small animal, tipped over several pots and there was dirt and chewed bits of plants everywhere. I cleaned up the bulk of it but since today is lawn mowing day, I'll let the guys with their blowers clean all the dirt out of the nooks and crannies.

What will your next series of books be called? Any tentative date when the first one will be available?

I plan a full day of crocheting -- hope to finish a moss stitch blanket I'm doing in bands of royal blue and a multi-blue yarn.

Enjoy your day.

Betty Hechtman said...

Patty,
The new series will be called Crochet and Crumpets. The title of the first book is Classy Yarns and Tea for You. The manuscript is due March 31, of next year. I'm not sure when the publisher plans to put it out. But in the meantime, the Yarn Retreat book I'm writing now will be out early next year.

Enjoy your crocheting!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Blogging can be stressful if you've got a bunch going on. Hopefully it'll get you attention from a lot of potential readers. And good luck with your crocheting!

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I got them alll done and have pictures to go with some of them. I will send them off today and then see what happens.

chkntza said...

I love the crochet in the picture. I'm all caught up with all your books. I had to laugh at myself because I am so used to seeing patterns at the end of the crochet and yarn retreat books that when I finished the last writing book I was expecting a pattern at the end of the books with the squares being worked on. But of course it wasn't there.

Betty Hechtman said...

Chkntza. the piece in the picture is just a sample of what granny square stripes look like. I started to make an afghan but knew I'd never be finished in time. The squares the Veronica makes are only in my imagination. Writing instructions is hard. Reading them is hard too. I'm trying to make a little lion with a kit that comes with elaborate instructions and access to videos. Even with all that, I had a hard tie making a magic circle until I came up with my own way of doing it.