Wednesday, January 10, 2024

And January Continues

           We’ve just started double digits in January 2024 already.  It’s the 10th! 

I’ve still been working on the draft of my fifth Harlequin Suspense novel in the Shelter of Secrets series. This one will be a 2025 release.  CANINE PROTECTION, the 2024 release, fourth in the series, is already well in the works and will be available in August this year. 

 And some of my old Alpha Force books that I wrote for Harlequin Nocturne in the 2010s are going to be republished soon in ebook form. It’s been ages since I’ve read much paranormal, let alone written any, and the Nocturne line no longer exists. Alpha Force is about a covert military unit of shapeshifters, and I’ve been asked to proofread some of the drafts. It’s definitely fun to re-read them! 

            Ideas keep popping up for things to do this year such as going to writers’ meetings and travel—and things to write. Eventually. 

            Meanwhile, I hope 2024 is treating you well. I’ve been enjoying it so far, and I think my pups Cari and Roxie have too.           

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Yup, a third of the first month of the year over -- time does fly, for sure!!

All is well here -- except for being cold. It's been in the low 30s the last few mornings. I grew up in Nebraska but can't imagine living in a cold, snowy area again. It gets very hot here in the summers but as my son says, you don't have to shovel sunshine.

I'm reading a good book at the moment -- "The Stillwell Girls" by Minka Kent. About half through it -- many times, I start skimming pages at this point but not with this book -- it is really holding my interest.

My son and I are going to see "The Boys in the Boat" today -- hope it's good. The last few movies we've seen have been duds!!

My daughter sent me a picture of her dog that was so funny -- she was rubbing his stomach and he looked like he was in a trance. If she stopped, he pushed her hand with his paw.

Enjoy your day -- your writing and your dogs.

Take care.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Good morning, Patty. It's been chilly here in LA too, going down into the 30s at night. I have family living in Indiana now and it really sounds cold there!

Hope you continue to enjoy the book you're reading. And I also hope "Boys in the Boat" is good. It's directed by George Clooney, and I'm always interested in what he does, partly because I enjoy him as an actor, and partly because he, and his potbelly pig, were my uncle's next door neighbors a long time ago.

That dog picture sounds adorable.

And I hope you're enjoying your day too!

Patty said...

Just got home from the movie -- it is so good!! I highly recommend it. The book is also very good.

What fun to have George, and his potbelly pig, as a neighbor.



Linda O. Johnston said...

Good to hear your recommendation. Maybe I'll go see it too!