Wednesday, January 17, 2024

And So January Continues

           Not much new from last week. I’ve continued to work on the draft of my fifth Harlequin Suspense novel in the Shelter of Secrets series, the 2025 release. 

I’ve also continued to proofread a couple of my old Alpha Force books for Harlequin Nocturne as they’ll soon be available as ebooks. I like the way I used to write back then! Well, I also like the way I write now. 

            Those things have kept me fairly occupied, so I’ve only been pondering my new story idea without writing anything... yet. 

            I did manage to go to a movie, too. I’d heard a lot about “Oppenheimer,” so my husband and I went to see it. Definitely well done—and definitely long.

             Oh, and no surprise, but Cari and mostly Roxie occupy a lot of whatever extra time I have, and often time I don’t have. Roxie has some tummy issues and the manufacturer of one of her favorite treats that agree with her has apparently stopped making it, or at least I can’t find it anywhere except online at Amazon—for nearly $50 for a small package. I keep looking for other things that might be okay, though. 

            Hope you are all doing well!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- January is flitting by -- it's been cold here -- hasn't been a freeze yet but it has been close. My daughter-in-law's family is in Chicago --the wind chill there yesterday was -25 -- way, way too cold for comfort,

Wow, $50 for dog treats -- that's pricey. My daughter has a thing called a Kong that she fills with peanut butter -- it has holes that the peanut butter oozes out of as the dog paws at it -- keeps Scooty busy for hours. Long ago, before we'd ever heard chocolate wasn't good for dogs, we gave Janny a few chocolate chips as a treat. Didn't seem to bother her since she lived to be about 16.

I highly recommend seeing "The Boys in the Boat" -- so good.

My son is coming for a chicken liver lunch today -- we do it about once a month. We always have whole kernel corn and cranberry sauce as sides -- good flavor combination.

I continue to do lots of crocheting -- have to to use up my stash -- I have a lot of yarn!! Just noticed today's date -- I'll be 87 three months from today -- yikes!! Still doing well, thank goodness.

Enjoy your writing, your dogs and whatever else gives you pleasure.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Good morning, Patty. It's chilly here but nothing like some parts of the country. My older son and his family live in an Indiana town south of Chicago and it's sometimes scary to hear how cold it is there.

I've had Kongs for dogs in the past but none of them seemed too fond of them, and I can't try it now with our current younger pup's tummy issues.

Enjoy your lunch and your crocheting. And Happy Birthday in advance!

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, it must be interesting to read something you wrote a while ago. Sorry about your pup's tummy issues. Didn't you have a series about a dog treat bakery? Did you get any recipes that might work for her?

Linda O. Johnston said...

It's definitely interesting to read some of my older stories--especially my Nocturnes, which are paranormal about shapeshifters. I'm not into paranormal as much these days, but maybe I'll go back to it now!
And I don't know what causes my pup's tummy issues so I wouldn't know which recipes to try.