Wednesday, January 24, 2024

My Last Post of January!

 

            Yes, no surprise, but this year is continuing to go fast, as they all do. 

Once again, there’s not much new with my writing, although I did apply to do a signing at the Sisters in Crime L.A. booth at the L.A. Times Festival of Books in April. I hope that works out. It’s always fun to attend the LATFOB, and even more so to do signings there. I’ll probably also try to get scheduled at other booths. 

I’m still working on the draft of my fifth Harlequin Romantic Suspense novel in the Shelter of Secrets series, the 2025 release. And yes, I continue to ponder new ideas. I do keep busy, but not as busy as last year when I had three books published. 

And will any new ideas contain dogs? Absolutely! That’s always my favorite kind of story. Of course, other animals may also sneak—or not sneak—their ways in.

7 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- The time does fly by, having fun or not!! It's been so wet here -- needed but makes for gloomy, gray days.

Drop-off day for Project Linus blankets is this Saturday -- I'm putting the border on one today so I'll have quite a few to donate. I do at least one a week. Counted my skeins of yarn yesterday -- have enough yarn for many, many months of crocheting!!

The story about the woman crocheting a hat to give to the girl on the plane is so sweet. The family who bought my house before I moved to be nearer my son had a 4-year-old girl who was not happy about moving from the only house she had ever known. The mother asked if she could bring her over to see the house and yard. I made her a pink afghan and was told she kept it wrapped around herself most of the time and told everyone 'the nice lady who lives in my new house made it for me." I, of course, was gone when they moved in -- she ran around the house, calling "Nice lady, nice lady -- where are you?" She thought I came with the house!

A few household chores to do, then crocheting.

Enjoy your day -- your dogs -- whatever.

Linda O. Johnston said...

What a sweet story about your crocheting an afghan for the little girl moving into your home!

Just writing and playing with the dogs today. The usual, and always fun. Hope you have a good day.

Bergen Furniture And Design said...

The pace of the year is relentless, isn't it? Best of luck with the signing at the L.A. Times Festival of Books—sounds like a fantastic opportunity. Excited for your ongoing work on the Shelter of Secrets series, and looking forward to more tales featuring dogs and perhaps some surprise animal characters!

In case you need info about hooker furniture collection take a look at here.

Betty Hechtman said...

I can't believe it's already time to think about the Festival of Books. It seems like the year is off and running already.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Bergen Furniture and Design!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I know, Betty. Somehow April doesn't seem that far away.

chkntza said...

I always look forward to the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. I attended every one since they started at UCLA.