Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Oops!

 

            Last week I said my post was the last one of January, but I wasn’t counting the days right. Yes, today is January 31, the last day of the month, and here’s my last post of January! 

            I’m delighted to say that I’ve been working even harder on the draft of my fifth Harlequin Romantic Suspense novel in the Shelter of Secrets series, the 2025 release. That’s because the deadline is approaching. But I’m happy about how it’s going, though I still have some writing and substantial editing to do. 

            Meanwhile, this may be the last day of January, but tomorrow is February 1, my puppy Roxie’s second birthday. She’s not a puppy any longer? Try telling her that! I love playing with her, and with Cari, my older Cavalier. I wonder if they’ll wind up starring in my new story. Maybe, since I’d love to write about Cavaliers again. But I’m still not certain where that idea will go.

             Also, after Betty’s post this week, I’ve been pondering my handwriting again. Good thing no one else needs to try to read it! But I do enjoy trying out different pens to use and paper to write on.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- The first month of 2024 is over -- how time does fly!! And this is a leap year, to further complicate how we remember which day is which!!

Glad writing of your new novel is going well -- I've enjoyed the Shelter of Secret books I've read.

My daughter is a 4th grade teacher -- she teaches cursive writing, even though it's not required. Her writing is beautiful -- looks like calligraphy -- though, years ago, her lower case f's looked like g's. She wrote that she'd had waffles for breakfast -- looked like waggles so we've always called them that. My writing is okay if I write slowly -- my son's looks like something from a prehistoric cave wall.

I'm enjoying crocheting, as always. The new yarns are beautiful -- and I'm trying a few new patterns, though I have half a dozen I use over and over again. Change color combinations so they all look different.

Happy Birthday to Roxie -- does she get a doggie birthday cake?

Enjoy your day -- my grandson has early release today so we're lunching at Taco Bell, his favorite place to eat.




Linda O. Johnston said...

Good morning, Patty. I've barely thought about this being a leap year, but that increases how fun this year is!

Glad you've enjoyed the Shelter of Secrets books. They're certainly enjoyable to write.

How fun that your daughter is a teacher and that she includes cursive writing!

Not sure how we're celebrating with Roxie, I'd better figure it out quickly.

Have fun crocheting and being with your grandson at Taco Bell!

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I know what you mean about handwriting. I often have a hard time reading mine. It seems like yesterday when you got Cari. The cool thing about writing about your own animals is that you can be more specific.

Betty Hechtman said...

Opps, I meant Roxi. Hope she had a happy birthday.