Wednesday, April 17, 2024

More Plotting

           Yes, I’m still plotting some new ideas.  I’m also looking forward to the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books this weekend. I’m only going to be there on Sunday, but I’ll be signing at the Sisters in Crime LA and the Mystery Writers LA booths as well as visiting a lot of other booths. I’ve also signed up to attend a panel: Turf Wars: When Cities Rewild. It’s about wildlife returning to urban areas and some people who write about it. For one thing, I’m fascinated that cougars are found in LA, and the freeway overpass for them and other wildlife is really progressing, including some overnight freeway closures in the coming weeks while it’s being worked on. I’m sure I’ll enjoy the panel. 

            I also finished some details about my fifth Shelter of Secrets story for Harlequin Romantic Suspense and got into their updated website to enter the information. There, they now show how many individual books I’ve sold in total with Harlequin. I hadn’t really kept track, but I’ve written quite a few novels for them. I’m not going to mention the number of sales here—but it’s delightfully high! And it of course doesn’t include books in the many mystery series I’ve written, but even though I tend not to be a bestseller, I now feel even better about my sales. Of course, it helps that I’ve had 61 books published so far. 

            And more to come!

 

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Sounds like you are keeping very busy. I'm sure the total number of book sales must be sky high -- that's great!

Another sky high number is my age -- today is my 87th birthday!! We had a family celebration on Sunday - today my son is taking me to lunch.

Gorgeous weather here these days -- my patio plants are thriving. I have a German iris that has beautiful white and purple flowers -- so pretty. My patio is situated so that it gets shade most of the day but hot sun late in the day -- it's hard to find plants that thrive in those conditions. I have mostly succulents.

Enjoy your day, your writing and all your other activities. My activity is mostly wielding my crochet hook!!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Happy birthday, Patty! That's wonderful! Enjoy celebrating, crocheting--and your great weather.

Betty Hechtman said...

It is great that you got good news about your sales. 61 books is impressive and even more so that you aren't finished. To me, it is all about getting to write more books rather than worrying about being at the top of the list.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree, Betty. Writing more is definitely fun!