Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Tech Travail

             Well, this week was a bit interesting since I received the marked-up edits for my Harlequin Romantic Suspense book Canine Refuge, the fifth in my Shelter of Secrets series that will be published next year. But it didn’t download correctly onto my desktop computer, and when I downloaded it onto my laptop it sort of worked but I still had problems with it.  Fortunately, I was able to review and modify and mark it up, but it took a lot longer than usual and I wasn’t sure it worked out okay, but my editor accepted it. She’d had some technical issues with it as well. Fun! And I’ve already gotten the next draft to review and submit any changes. 

            I’m still working on, and researching, my latest new idea, so that’s actually been fun. And playing with Roxie and Cari, as always. 

            And Happy July everyone. I hope you have fun on the Fourth!

5 comments:

Patty said...

Don't you love it when the computer gives you problems -- so irritating. But it seems to have worked out for you -- I guess it's the end result that counts.

Enjoy your 4th of July --

Sally Morrison said...

Sometimes I do wish we could go back to the '70s and enjoy some down time. However, I am grateful for what technology allows us now. I guess patience is what we need and a desire to keep learning.
I was proud of myself this week in that I was able to project my grandsons little league game from my phone onto the TV. Watched the whole tournament from the comfort of my air-conditioned house. :) They came in second in state regionals. It was fun!

Happy Holiday to you!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Oh, yes, I just adore computer issues. They are not over with but at least I am dealing with them.
Enjoy your 4th too!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I remember when I first started practicing law and doing all the comments on paper - redlining!
And it's great that you could watch your grandsons' ballgame on tv. I have no idea how to do that.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, it great when computers work, but a pain when they seem to screw things up on their own. Still easier than the old days when we got copy edits in the mail and had to hand write the changes on the manuscript and hope they understood. Glad you got it worked out.