Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Books Never Die

             I’ve written quite a few books, and a lot of them are out of print—but these days that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re unavailable or stay that way. 

             Right now, I’m in the process of getting my Alpha Force miniseries, originally published as Harlequin Nocturnes, republished in e-format. They’re paranormal stories about a covert military unit of shapeshifters, and yes, many of the main characters are shapeshifters who sometimes get very involved with non-shifters in difficult but generally intriguing circumstances. And you can guess that, since they’re Harlequin books, romances are involved. 

            There are nine books in the series. I’m not sure yet when they’ll be available in e-format, or how quickly each will be published. But I’m delighted that one of the wonderful associate agents at Creative Media Agency, headed by the amazing agent who has represented me forever, has had some delightful new covers designed for them—paranormal and sexy! 

Harlequin has stopped publishing Nocturnes but I’m happy that mine will soon be available once more.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Sounds like an intriguing series of stories but sorry, not to my liking. My daughter read a series with a main character named Sookie Stackhouse -- she enjoyed them -- they were a bit weird for me.

The weather is back to well above 100 -- hopefully by the end of this month, it will cool considerably. I lost a few plants from the heat and will wait for cooler temps before replacing them.

I've started crocheting the afghans I plan to give as Christmas gifts. My granddaughter painted swathes of color across her living room wall -- I found yarn that is very close to the same colors -- so far, so good.

Enjoy your day, your dogs and your shapechangers!!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I understand that shapeshifters aren't everyone's favorite beings, Patty, but they were enjoyable for me to write about, especially since they're often canines--werewolves!

It remains hot here too. Not sure when it'll ease up.

And hard to believe that the end of the year is approaching as fast as it is. Have fun crocheting your Christmas afghans!

Betty Hechtman said...

Congrats on keeping your books out there!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty!