Thursday, October 17, 2024

Short Post

 This written under  duress.  I am writing on my son's laptop. There were hassles signing in.  The laptop is on a shakey table and there is a baseball game in the background that someone else is watching.  I am limited to where I can work because the portable internet only works in this room.

I am in Chicago where it was a perfect fall day, crisp, sunny and blue sky without a cloud.  We went to Lincoln Park Zoo.  The zoo is free but parking is only free for 30 minutes.  At 31 minutes to 3 hours, its $30. It was the last hour that the zoo was open and a lot of stuff was already closed, so we were gone in 29 minutes.  I did see the lions.  But I'm not so sold on zoos.  I think the way Linda saw the animals is a lot better.

After the zoo we drove through Lincoln Park.  The streets are from a time when there weren't a lot of cars which means they are narrow, but that doesn't mean there were double buses and bicycles.  It was a relief to get on the expressway where the traffic was clogged, but no bicycles or buses.

We were our way for our favorite Chicago pizza.  Lou Maltnati's is so good.  So good that we'll go there on the way to the airport.

I keep hitting something on the computer that makes a screen come up covering my work.  And then there was a voice that seemed like a ghost.  It was from another program on this computer.

I know I said I could write anywhere, anytime-- But there was just another interruption-- and the leftover pizza is calling my name.

No comments: