It is always good to get out in the world one way or another. Last week we went to a dinner party and among the guests were two members of a boy band called Boy Throb. They were cute and entertaining and brought fun to the party. One of them is actually from the area where the Crochet and Crumpets series takes place. It was also interesting to hear about their careers. They were in town to film content for their social media accounts. More singing with fancy footwork and fun reminiscent of the MONKEES. That's what it's all about now.
Things have changed for authors too. This Sunday I am going to be on the Facebook group Cozies, Conversations and More at 8 pm Eastern time. There's no camera, but I will be interviewed by Joyce Hamlyn. It was set up a long time ago and the focus was supposed to be DEATH AMONG THE STITCHES, but now SCONED TO DEATH has been added to the discussion. I used to do panel discussions at local libraries and book signings at literary festivals and the occasional bookstore. But those were always local. An online appearance can get people from everywhere all without leaving home.
There is no guarantee that I will get as much attention as the four boy band guys in their pink track suits and orange shoes (not what they were wearing at the dinner party), but it is still a chance to connect with readers and I don't even have to know how to dance.
11 comments:
Good morning -- The dinner party with Boy Throb must have been fun. Do they do MONKEES music? That was a must-see show every week for my kids -- MONKEES, Batman, The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family, and for me, Dallas.
My husband was a professor at a large university, in the Business Department. One of the things he did, and absolutely loved, was talking to business people across the state. He had a knack for getting them to tell him everything!! He interviewed Bette Nesmith, mother of Michael Nesmith of the MONKEES -- she invented Liquid Paper. All his interviews are in the oral history archives at the university.
I've been doing my usual crocheting -- about two-thirds done with a blanket using the iris stitch, That may be my favorite stitch of all -- so easy, a simple one-row repeat and makes a beautiful blanket. It's certainly a relaxing pattern to do.
Is there a tentative date for the next Molly book? I enjoy all your books but Molly is my favorite. Long may she reign!!
The lawn guys are starting their noise -- they should be done by my afternoon nap time!!
Enjoy your day.
The boy band doesn't do Monkee music. I think the similarity they are looking for is the comedy. Mickey Dolenz is the only one left and he's been touring lately. I knew that Michael Nesmith's mother invented liquid paper. How interesting that your husband interviewed her.
I will have to look at the Iris stitch. It sounds lovely. I don't have a date for the next Molly book, but it will be next year. I'm sure it's easier to nap when the gardeners are gone. Enjoy your day!
Umm....I think you would get a lot of attention dancing about in pink sweats and orange shoes. I was talking to a friend last night who falls a lot. Her son actually got her a bubble wrap suit as a joke--great idea !!! That could be a fun Halloween costume. Keep up the good work.
The best instructions for the iris stitch are on theunraveledmitten.com website.
That was my friend with the bubblewrap suit--I am never anonymous !!!
Have fun with your Facebook interview, Betty. That's pretty much the only social media outlet that I use, and I do check it out frequently.
It doesn’t seem possible that athe Monkees were popular over 50 years ago and only one is still alive. The days are long sometimes but the years go fast.
I think one reason I enjoy crochet and needlework so much is that it reminds me of my mom and my childhood. My mom was amazing at counted cross stitch and one of her sisters made beautiful crochet sweaters for every new baby in the family.
Your books are so fun to read because they help keep the memories alive.
Can anyone tune into one of your virtual presentations?
Linda Osborn, The bubble wrap costume sounds fun!
Sally, Yes anyone can tune in. You just have to join the Cozies Conversation and More Facebook group. Here's the address: https://www.facebook.com/groups/220779875743556
Linda Johnston, Online is the way to go these days!
I hope I can get on to the cozies conversations and more group. I am going to look up the iris stitch too.
Post a Comment