DANGER LOOMS is finally all together and ready for the August 25, release. I am not so ready. I have to update my website and do what I can to get the word out.
At the moment my thoughts are elsewhere. I noticed that our cat's pupils are not the same. At first, I thought it was just a difference in the light hitting them, but when it continued for a couple of days, I looked online. There is a name for it that I can't remember at the moment and is a symptom of something else and it was advised to take her to the vet. The world has changed since all we had to do was show up during office hours to be seen that day. Now, we had to make an appointment and wait several days.
I can tell that she isn't her usual self and my stomach is in a knot of worry. There is always a helpless feeling when a pet isn't well. The best we have been able to do is give her cuddles when she wants them. I am hoping that I am over worrying and that after the vet visit, I will feel a sense of relief that she is going to be okay. But in the meantime, it has taken over my thoughts.
Her name is Kona, but she has always been called Kitten. She is the first cat that I have know as an actual kitten. She was a gift to Jakey's mom from one of her students. They couldn't keep her because they found out they were allergic. She joined a cat household of Spyderman and Buttercup. She was there when Jakey came home from the hospital and has always been part of his backdrop--first at their house and then around seven years ago when all the cats moved here. The other two always had health issues, but Kitten seemed blessed with no problems other than not wanting me to cut her claws.
And now she is the only one left. I have gone through all kinds of cat and dog ailments. It is always so hard. I am sure I will better after the vet visit--whatever the news. Not knowing is the hardest.
Over the years we have had 13 dogs and cats who have come to live here in numerous ways. When they're not well never gets easy to deal with. Fingers crossed, it's good news.

1 comment:
Good morning -- I am so sorry to hear your cat has a problem -- hope it is something treatable. That the kitty has been in Jakey's life since he was born will make it especially hard for him if it's a serious problem.
"Danger Looms" has been ordered -- sounds like another good adventure for Casey.
I finished a granny rectangle blanket last night -- used a bitty stripe yarn in a color called Moonbeam -- a mixture of cream and very pale beige and gray. It's a color that will be appropriate for a man or a woman -- I'm very happy with how it looks. Next up is another ripple -- I've tried a couple different patterns and finally found one that I really like -- bonus is that there is very little stitch counting to do -- it's an easy one-row repeat. I've gone through my patterns again and rearranged them in the notebook I use -- discarded a couple that I tried and didn't like. This ripple plus the pattern I sent to you will be used several times, I'm sure. I need to make a baby blanket in the next few months -- a good friend of my son just found out a baby is on the way.
Hope your day goes well -- take care.
Post a Comment